Monday, November 27, 2006

Eminem Presents The Re-Up

Eminem has assembled his Shady Records roster — 50 Cent (who throws another jab at the Game on the title track, a duet with Slim Shady), D12 (Em's deceased best friend Proof has a solo cut on here as well), Obie Trice, producer/ DJ / part-time MC Alchemist and the newcomers to the family: Cook County, Michigan-born Ca$his and ATL's Bobby Creekwater and Stat Quo.

"The Re-Up joint, we're kinda putting out a mixtape and doing it as an album," Trice explained. "It's kinda like a compilation/mixtape, it's something different for hip-hop. You get to see the whole Shady roster showcase they skill. I'm looking forward to it on [December] 5th."

Look for a revitalized Em to stand out on the solo cuts "No Apologies" and "Public Enemy #1" while the rest of the gang drop solo tracks and collaborate on group efforts as well. Here is some scoop on Em's crew, told by, well, Em's crew.

Joints To Check For:

"Pistol Pistol" remix by Obie Trice. "The remix was recorded like I did 'Cry Now' and a few other joints after I was shot on New Year's Eve of last year," Obie said. "I felt like I wanted to vent. D12 was in the studio with me. Proof was there. They was letting me go for it. I was doing my thing. I just wanted to express myself. You feel like you been repping your city for the longest and this is the muthaf---in' thanks I get? It's a lot of haterism going on here, 'cause there ain't that many stars here in Detroit. So you see me or Proof at the time, it's a love/hate type of situation. If you're having a bad day and don't feel like being bothered, some people get offended."


"Everything Is Shady" by Ca$his. "I did that record the day after Proof's funeral. I was feeling like I was listening to how everybody was saying our camp was puttin' out flops," Cashis recalled. "I talked with Em and Obie and Creek, I don't like that bullsh--, so I made a record expressing how we felt. Like the hook say, 'We took a break for a minute, now we bangin'/ We been listening to every thing you been sayin'/ And now we comin' for everybody who been hatin'." I sent it to Eminem and he was feelin' it."


"There He Is" by Bobby Creekwater. "Yeah man, I hooked up with Alchemist," Bobby Creek said. "We was at his spot in New York. That particular beat hit me. I caught the hip-hop Holy Ghost for a minute. I had to stop for a minute and pick up the pen and pad. I vibed out. It turned out be a great cut."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home